Is fall your favorite season too? There's nothing like walking in the autumn leaves, ideally rocking some cute boots.
If you're struggling to find boots for your big feet, here's a round-up of beautiful ankle boots available in big sizes, with options for all budgets.
Most are available up to at least size 12 us (10 uk) with some going right up to 15 us. Plus there's a list of good stores for boots, broken down by size, at the bottom.View Table of Contents
Classic chelsea boots are a wardrobe staple which never go out of fashion. These leather boots come in tan or black and the rounded toe is super flattering for big feet.£65 at Long Tall Sally →
Cinderella Shoes' own label has new leather ankle boots for AW23 at reasonable prices. Made in Brazil, the sizing is similar to European brands like Gabor & Remonte. These pull-on boots look super neat. The soft cuff adds a modern twist & looks comfy too.€95 / $105 at Cinderella Shoes →
Hush Puppies Mazin Cayto "shooties" have over 600 5 star reviews. These low profile boots come in 6 shades of soft nubuck, including timeless taupe. Water resistant, with a hidden wedge inside, 1 inch heel & unique comfort footbed, these boots are made for walking. Also available in an ankle cut-out bootie version.$99.95 at Hush Puppies USA →
Back in stock for AW23, the Maisie boot has lots of details to appreciate: adjustable buckles, combat lace up style, elegant 1.5 inch block heel, inner side zip, toe cap accent - oh my! Treat your feet to leather uppers & lining and a memory foam insole too.£159 at Otto + Ivy →
Channel your inner rock chick in these Zeta boots from City Chic. I love all the studs, and together with the buckles, they work well to flatter big feet. The 3 buckles are just decorative, with a side zip for easy on off instead.Reduced to $60 at Avenue →
V few sizes as of 3 Oct
These luxe Italian suede ankle boots are an investment buy for sure, but they get 5 star reviews for both comfort & style. They come in half sizes right up to 45 eu (14 us), which is extremely rare, and also 3 toebox widths - narrow, medium & wide. Handmade in Spain, with a 2.5 inch block heel and flattering almond toe shape, they come in 4 shades: black, chestnut, olive & brandy (pictured). Note: a customer told me they found Margaux shoes run small, so i'd suggest booking a free 15 min fit consult if you're unsure about size.From $395 at Margaux NY →
For a similar look on a budget, try these Hazara velvet booties which come in 6 shades including this lush rust, available in both medium and wide widths. Strut your stuff in a 2.75 inch block heel with comfort footbed.$74.99 at Journee Collection →
These 3.5 inch heel Codie booties get rave reviews and go up to size 14 us in select shades. Pink is sold out alas but black suede is in stock as of Sep 26. There's also ivory (stone) leather up to size 13.$170 at Sam Edelman →
Kitten heels are back this season, and we can all get behind this easy wear trend. Or if you prefer to walk tall, step out in stiletto booties instead.
These chic vegan suede booties mix this season's kitten heel (2 inches) with chelsea boot side panels for a modern twist on a classic look. They come in 6 shades too with something for everyone: neutrals, chic petrol blue or barbie pink. Large sizes look to be going fast in standard width though.$69.99 at Journee Collection →
Black sock boots are great for minimising big feet, and the 3 inch stiletto heels & on trend pointed toe make these Rosetta boots super sleek. They won't break the bank either.£40/$55 at ASOS →
If you've extra wide feet, here's a similar sock boot available in EEE width. These have a lower 2.5 inch heel and a side zip makes them easier to get on & off too.£46 at Simply Be →
J'adore my Gabor pink boots! The colour is to die for. I live in sneakers and these 2 inch boots feel quite arched which takes getting used to, but I'm surprised how comfy they are. Plus every step makes me smile. Gabor make these in 7 shades (darks & brights).Check price at Amazon UK →
Just launched on October 3rd, these fabulous cowboy boots come in gold, red or black. All leather with a 1.75 inch Cuban heel, they've a western style embroidered motif on the front & a back zip with accent leather zip pull. Oh my!£139 at Otto + Ivy →
Launched in 2023, the AJI NYC brand is exclusively for large shoe sizes & their Flame boots are fire. The creative mix of soft cream nappa & snake embossed leather is eye catching while still neutral. The flattering almond toe, padded footbed & 2.75 inch block heel means you can step out in style. Plus, there's even a secret pocket on the inside - genius! Also available in black.$280 at Aji →
Red shoes are red hot this season according to Vogue. Be bang on trend with these chic boots from PieSanto made in Spain. They mix a suede front with a leather back and 3 leather accent straps. They're a comfort G wide fit and also come in classic black.€165 at Cinderella Shoes →
The pretty floral print sets these black leather boots apart. These Merlin boots also come in an elegant black & gold feathers print. Embassy London also do brighter eclectic shoes & boots up to size 11 uk (13 us) if you want to go all out.£169 at Embassy London →
Vogue highlight wedges as a key trend for 2023 - yay! Wedges flatter long feet & are so easy to wear. These cute Evie II zip booties in 4 neutral shades are actually waterproof. No wonder they're a bestseller. Sorel do plenty of fashionable boots that work for walking & weather.$150 at Sorel →
Keep your feet warm and dry with these wool lined boots from German brand Remonte with their special Tex water repellent breathable lining. They're a comfort G width - a godsend if your feet feel a bit restricted in winter boots. I love that you get a laced hiker boot look with a convenient side zip for easy on off.€120 at Cinderella Shoes →
Finally, here's a list of stores and brands that are good for boots in big sizes, with direct links to save you time.
If you're only size 11 us (9 uk) some mainstream shoe brands do boots in your size:
- In the UK & Ireland: Office, Next, Very & Asda do fashionable size 9 boots online. Simply Be are good for wide & extra wide size 9 boots.
- Global:H&M and Zara also do size 9 uk/11 us boots online only. They're size 42 eu but Zara foot lengths are true to size, while H&M might be more 8.5 uk/10.5 us.
- Fitflop, Vionic (medium & wide) & Hotter (UK only, medium to extra wide) all do "proper" size 9 uk / 11 us ankle boots, with comfort technology built in, and ship to many parts of the world.
- La Redoute (UK, France, ship worldwide) do stylish wide fit boots up to size 45 eu (10-10.5 uk) & often have discount codes.
- Journee Collection (US only) have tons of fashion boots in sizes 11 and 12 (also available at Zappos, DSW and Nordstrom).
- All Steve Madden (USA only) heeled & chunky flat fashion booties come in size 11 with around 40 size 12 options.
- Poppy Barley (USA & Canada) do premium sustainable timeless boots in size 11 and 12.
- Maurices (USA & Canada) have affordable boots in sizes 11 and 12.
- Aerosoles (USA, ships worldwide) have ankle boots with comfort technology in medium & wide widths in sizes 11 and 12 us.
- Nine West (USA only) have tons of fashion heeled booties in sizes 11 and 12.
- Cinderella Shoes (Ireland, ship worldwide with UK/US/Australia taxes included) have lots of boots from European brands in sizes 43-45 eu (9-11 uk) including wide fit boots.
- Margaux NY (ships to most of world with taxes included) do premium timeless boots up to size 45 eu (13.5 us) including half sizes and narrow, medium and wide widths which is rare.
- US only: DSW, Nordstrom Rack & Zappos do ankle boots up to size 13, including some wide widths, but large sizes can go quickly.
- J Renee (USA, ships worldwide) do dressy stiletto & block heel booties up to size 13 us in medium and wide widths.
- Crispins (UK, ships worldwide with EU taxes included) has lots of higher end boots from European brands up to 45 eu (11 uk, 13 uk).
- Woman Within (USA, ship to 40 countries) have medium, wide & extra wide boots up to size 12, and select boots in 13, with frequent promos.
Wide & Extra Wide Boots
- Torrid (US & Canada) & Avenue (US only) both have affordable boots up to 13 ww with good deals too.
- Lane Bryant (USA, ships worldwide) do cute low heeled wide & extra wide boots up to size 13 ww & frequent promos.
- Evans(UK only) have plenty of fashionable wide & extra wide boots up to size 11 uk. Note: Evans new online only store is completely different to the "old" Evans - the new owners just kept the name.
- Sam Edelman (US, ship worldwide with taxes included) does modern designer boots with all styles in size 11 us with select styles in sizes 12-14.
- Long Tall Sally (UK, ship worldwide) have standard width boots up to 46 eu (12 uk, 14 us), with wide & extra wide boots up to size 10 uk.
- Lonia (up to size 15 us, ship worldwide) do fashionable & striking heeled booties.
- Fowt on Amazon (US only, up to size 16) do all sorts of ankle boots from classic low heeled styles to statement high heel boots with some customization possible if you contact them.
- Hush Puppies US iconic flat desert boots are now unisex up to women's 15 us. They also have cute boots in size 11 & 12 with comfort insoles and do wide size 11 boots.
Last but not least, ASOS (global) are good for medium & wide width fashion boots. They've loads of size 9 uk (11 us) boots & do a few boots right up to size 13 uk (15 us). Sizing varies though & some find their large sizes run small, so you may need to size up.
ASOS Quick links UK:boots in size 9+ & wide fit boots and USA:boots in size 11+ & wide width boots.
I hope this guide helps you find beautiful boots for your big feet.