Amazon usually have lots of women's shoes up to at least size 12 US. Plus their own Amazon Essentials range now goes up to size 15 US. It's worth a look for fashionable styles at great prices. The women's shoes department goes right up to 16 US, although many of the largest sizes will either be Chinese brands or unisex.
Free shipping and returns on many shoes
If you have Amazon Prime (30 day free trial available) lots of shoes are eligible for free, fast shipping. Even if you don't, many shoes that come from Amazon still have free shipping. Shoes dispatched by Amazon can be eligible for free returns too - good news because posting shoes ain't cheap!
You can't just assume shoes have free returns though. Usually only shoes fulfilled by Amazon are eligible. That means either Amazon sell you the shoes directly, or they dispatch them from Amazon warehouses on behalf of the shoe store. You also need to check for the text 'FREE Returns' in blue near the price on the product page to be sure that you won't have to pay to send the shoes back.
Tips for Finding Large Size Shoes on Amazon
You can get great deals on large size shoes at Amazon but navigating can be a bit of a pain. Browse on desktop initially as it's easier to get an overview of what brands and styles are available for your size. Moving down the filters on the left:
- After the shoe categories list, click your shoe size in the rows of small boxes. If you have a narrow or wide foot, also tick your shoe width in the checkbox list directly below the size boxes.
- If you prefer to stick to well known labels, tick 'Top Brands' under Amazon Fashion below the color selectors.
- If you have Amazon Prime, tick the 'Prime' checkbox to see shoes with fast free shipping. Otherwise, you can click 'Free Shipping' just beneath that instead.
Heads up: Amazon sometimes lists the wrong shoe sizes
Unfortunately, the shoe sizes listed in the size picker dropdown on Amazon shoe pages are not always accurate. Amazon sells so many brands in so many regions, that things sometimes go astray converting shoe sizes etc.
- Look for the fit note near the top of shoe pages (below the price) advising if the style is true to size.
- Before buying a new brand, check the size guide on the brand's own site to make sure they actually make your shoe size.
- It's also worth scanning Amazon customer reviews to see if the style runs true to size.